Teiid Translator API under package
org.teiid.translator, it can be quick viewed from https://github.com/teiid/teiid/tree/master/api/src/main/java/org/teiid/translator, the purpose of this article is for giving a high level overview of Teiid Translator API.
An execution represents the state and lifecycle for a particular command execution. The methods provided on this interface define standard lifecycle methods.
Execution has define 3 methods:
- close() - When execution completes, the close() will be called, the execution be terminated normally.
- cancel() - If execution must be aborted, due to user or administrator action, the cancel() will be called, the execution be canceled normally. This will happen via a different thread from the one performing the execution, so should be expected to happen in a multi-threaded scenario.
- execute() - Execute the associated command. Results will be retrieved through a specific sub-interface call.
ResultSetExecution defines an execution for
Call that returns a resultset, which is represented through the iterator method next().
- next() - Retrieves the next row of the resultset.
ProcedureExecution represents the case where a connector can execute a
Call. The output may include 0 or more output parameters and optionally a result set. It define one method:
- getOutputParameterValues() - Get the output parameter values. Results should place the return parameter first if it is present, then the IN/OUT and OUT parameters should follow in the order they appeared in the command.
Execution and additional methods that may optionally be implemented for an
Execution, it has 2 methods:
- reset(Command c, ExecutionContext executionContext, C connection) - Called to reinitialized the execution for use.
- dispose() - Called when the execution is no longer used.
UpdateExecution represents the case where a connector can execute an
BatchedUpdates command, it extends
Execution and one additional method:
- getUpdateCounts() - Returns the update counts for the execution.